- WHAT ARE HAIR EXTENSIONS?
- Hair extensions are any form of hair adornment. A wig could technically be considered a form of hair extension but not commonly. It's just whatthe name implies; extending the hair. Today, the term "hair extensions" does not generally include wigs or falls or toupes. Instead, it refers to attaching synthetic or human hair out of a bag to a person's own natural hair. The methods of attachment can vary tremendously. The intention is usually to achieve more LENGTH or DENSITY or both in a way that looks as natural and undectable as possible. On this website you will find information and see pictures that demonstrate hair extensions "in action".
- ARE HAIR EXTENSIONS NEW?
- Hair extensions have been around for centuries in many different forms. People have always been fussing with their hair trying to get exactly the look they want. The look that will land them a new job, a new lover... a new life. Since the discovery of vanity (one of the original 7 sins) human beings have been having "bad hair days" and been trying to find solutions.
- WILL HAIR EXTENSIONS DAMAGE MY HAIR?
- Hair extensions will not damage your existing hair in any way IF APPLIED PROPERLY. There are many ways to attatch extensions but very few are risk-free. It is important to consult with your stylist before they begin work on your head. Be sure you are confident that they are up on the leading methods of hair extension as well as having some knowledge of maintaining hair and scalp health through diet and the use of proper hair products. Treat your hair as you would any other part of your body by reading as much as possible on the subject.
- HOW DO I TAKE CARE OF MY HAIR EXTENIONS?
- The following few simple rules will greatly extend the life of your hair extensions!
- 1. Do not sleep with your hair wet
- 2. Comb out your hair before shampooing
- 3. Gently shampoo the hair in one direction only
- 4. Support your attachment when brushing or combing your hair
- 5. Use a good vent brush
- 6. Use a shampoo and conditioner made for dry hair
- 7. Do not use oil. creme or leave-in conditioner. This will lead to matting or tangling of the hair.
- 8. If possible, try to keep shampooing of hair to once a week. Frequent shampooing demands extreme care.
- 9. Remember; when you leave the salon and are looking great-- at that point the stylist has done their job. The responsibility to MAINTAIN the hair is now YOURS. Use common sense and care for your hair as if it were your own... after all, it is!
- ANY FURTHER QUESTIONS? PLEASE E-MAIL OR CALL US
- 281-335-8620 Lishas2001@aol.com
Houston Hair Extensions Lisha Coleman 281-335-8620
©2011 Lisha Coleman. All rights reserved.
Mario Lopez, Danny Bonaduce and Lisha on the set of "The Other Half".
Voted "Best" by Allure Magazine
Frequently asked questions about hair extensions
Houston & L.A.